Our Mission and Purpose
- We believe that everyone is equal.
- We believe that everyone should have the same chances in life.
- We believe we should respect each others’ cultures and beliefs.
- We believe that we should listen and support people to make choices about how they live their lives.
- We believe that we should also listen to families, friends and other carers.
- We believe in listening to, supporting and developing our staff.
- We believe in trying new and different ways to support people.
- We believe that we should provide value for money services.
- We believe in always trying to make our services better.
- To be the ‘go to’ organisation for people who are blind, partially sighted or deaf blind – and for those who care for them.
- To be respected by the local community for our expertise; for the quality of our services; and as an organisation who treats people equally.
- To help each person to reach their needs and aspirations.
- To respond to peoples changing needs.
- To respond to the needs of the community.
- To work together with other organisations.
- To provide outstanding services.
- To advocate for – and to respond to – change.